June was our most intensive renovation to date, starting with a full demo and strip, extensive chassis repair, and complete rebuild with custom designed and built cabinetry, walnut countertops with waterfall edge, pocket door, and engineered wet bath with penny tile.
The design centered around personal elements: the toughness of walnut, a long-time dream to own a French farm table, and learning and growing as builders and designers. June was the project that single-handedly launched The Modern Caravan: our hope, dream, and goal.
Our second Airstream home was purchased by Jamie and Lauren Eichar, a husband-and-wife photography team.
- Convection Oven and Induction Cooktop
- Slim Line Undermount Refrigerator,
- Full-Size Interior Lit Pantry with Drawers
- Delta Faucets
- Nature's Head Composting Toilet
- Onboard Wet Bath with Sink and Counterspace
- Full-Size Dresser
- Custom/Self-Made Walnut Countertops and Cabinetry
- Eco-Friendly Water Heater
- Easy-to-Access Storage
- Custom Linen Cushions with Natural Latex Foam and Down-Alternative
- AC + DC power, lighting, and outlets
- On board fresh and grey tanks, tiled shower and kitchen backsplash
- Custom converting dining table
- Aluminum-crafted replacement endcaps
Costs & Timeline
$5,000 | Airstream
$37,500 | Tools + Supplies
$42,500 | Total Cost
$250/night Sun – Thu
$325/night Fri – Sat
Ready to get started on your caravan project?